SKyPAC is gearing up for our 3rd Annual Gingerbread Homes for the Arts Festival, centered around the time-honored holiday tradition of making gingerbread houses. All proceeds from the various events of the Festival benefit SKyPAC’s work in arts programming and arts education.
The Festival highlights are as follows:
- Gingerbread Homes for the Arts Contest
- Raffle: Win a choice of Nissan’s Maxima, Frontier, or Pathfinder – Win a trip for two to NYC, including Broadway tickets for Hamilton, a 2 night stay, and roundtrip airfare
- Tuesday, November 14, Eat, Drink, & Be Artsy – A festive evening of specialty drinks and dishes, auctions, and raffles
- Thursday, November 16, School Day Performance – Holiday Songs: Music from Around the World
- Friday, November 17, ”Spice Up the Night” Chef Competition & Dinner
- Saturday, November 18, Community Day –Entertainment, decorate gingerbread houses, artists, announcement of Gingerbread Home Contest winners, and more
Kick off the Holiday Season by enjoying the day with your family and friends at SKyPAC on Saturday, November 18th from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. as we open the doors for a community-wide holiday celebration with:
- Live entertainment from the region
- The opportunity to build and decorate your own gingerbread house ($5)
- Exploration of the Gingerbread House Contest entries and voting for the People’s Choice Awards
- Balloon and caricature artists
- Visits and pictures with Santa ($5)
Keep an eye out here for announcements of wonderful additions to this already fantastic day!
Gingerbread Homes ContestView the 2017 Winners
Two winners! That’s right, two chances for you:
- One winner will receive a brand new vehicle from Jim Johnson Nissan, choosing from a 2017 Nissan Maxima, a 2017 Nissan Frontier, or even a 2017 Nissan Pathfinder. Your new vehicle is worth up to $41,365.
- Another winner will receive a trip for two to New York City to see the Broadway smash, Hamilton! This trip includes roundtrip airfare, airport transfers in New York, two nights in an upscale hotel in the heart of the theatre district, tickets to Hamilton, and a visit to Sardi’s for dessert after the show. Your Broadway experience is valued at more than $2,600.
You have a great chance to be a winner in this year’s raffle, with a limit of 1,500 tickets being sold at $100 each. The drawings will take place at SKyPAC on Friday, November 17 at 8:00 p.m. You do not have to be present to win.
Spice Up the Night
STEAMER Seafood will sponsor the 3rd Annual “Spice Up the Night,” serving their family-style dinner on the SKyPAC Stage on Friday, November 17 at 6:30 p.m. The live chef’s competition will have professional and celebrity chef teams competing against each other and entertaining you. Warren County Attorney Amy Milliken and Chef Tim O’Nan of Mission Catering return to defend their 2016 title, and will be challenged by teams of Artist Alice Gatewood Waddell and Chef Jake Olson of Indian Hills Country Club, and a third surprise team to be announced soon.
The Gingerbread Homes for the Arts Festival is made possible by these businesses and individuals: